Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Introduction

Hello!
This is a blog for my reviews of horror manga.
My main focus will be on works by Kazuo Umezu, Hideshi Hino, and Junji Ito. These three manga-ka are widely considered to be the masters of Japanese horror, so this is a good place to start. As I continue my reviews, I will branch out the other mediums, such as movies and anime, as well as works by other authors.
In my reviews I will try to explore why certain stories are so scary, as well as elements of Japanese culture present in these stories.
Many review blogs have a ratings system, but I will not use one. I will just point out positives and negatives to each story and let you decide if you think it's good or not.
About the title: Kaidan is the Japanese word for traditional ghost stories. I thought it would be good for the title of a horror review blog.

Note: All of my articles are written under the assumption that my audience already has the understanding of basic Japanese pop culture terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment